Monday 20 February 2012

Only 2 Sardines Were Harmed in the Making of this Blog

Guest blog by Julia Braun

On Friday the LJCC Marketing department (my colleague Mandy and I) had an outing to The Providores & Tapa Room on Marylebone High Street. This wasn’t just a social call but was all in the name of work – the fact that brunch was included was a very lovely bonus…more on that later.

The Providores is run by top New Zealand chef Peter Gordon and as well as another restaurant in London, one in Auckland, and a hectic international schedule, Peter has managed to find time to squeeze in judging our Pavlova recipe competition – part of the centenary celebrations we are having to commemorate 100 years since Anna Pavlova moved into our very own Ivy House.

So back to the food – apparently the Tapa Room, which is the all day restaurant, cafĂ© and wine bar part of the restaurant (upstairs is a more formal dining room), is renowned for its brunches and regularly has people queuing round the block on a weekend. I can whole-heartedly recommend the grilled sardine & roasted tomato bruschetta, in fact my mouth is watering now just thinking about it.

Meanwhile I am very excited to say that entries for the competition are coming in thick and fast, and it is no wonder when the winning recipe, after being tried & tested by Peter Gordon, will go on the menu of The Providores for a month.

If you would like to enter, please send me your own personal “Pavlova-inspired” recipe and an optional photo of your dessert, by Sunday 15 April to julia@ljcc.org.uk. Please don’t forget to also include your name, address and phone number.

Finally, I must say many thanks to all those who offered to help me taste the recipes, however I am not one to shirk responsibilities and as challenging as it will be, I think I am ready for it!

You can find out more about the Pavlova 2012 programme of events here: http://www.ljcc.org.uk/events/genre/56-pavlova-2012.html

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post! What a wonderfully written piece and such a smiley punim :)

    ReplyDelete